Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cheap Kitchen Decorations...Thank You Goodwill!



Very soon we will be working on updating our kitchen.  I could not be anymore ready to paint my kitchen cabinets and get a new oven.  Seriously, my kitchen deserves a little love.  It gets used for dinners daily and I cant wait for the day that I don't have to stay on guard while baking something in the oven.  My oven is 50 years old.  For real, 50 years old!  Isn't that crazy?  (I know this because we purchased our house from our neighbors whose parents built our house.  They said yes, original oven).  It still works...kinda.  I mean you have to flip bread every 2 minutes or it will burn and I am very limited to what I can make in it.  In the 8 months we have been here I have learned what it works for and what it doesn't.  So yea, I deserve a kitchen update.  ;) 

Anyway, I started pondering what I would like to hang up in the kitchen after we do our remodel and I remembered a cute little Spoon & Fork I bought from Goodwill about a year ago before the move.  They were only $1.99 each and I thought they were cute so I picked them up.  Mark loved them until he found out I would be painting them.  ;)  So I went through my junk room which is really a room of projects waiting to happen.  It's my favorite room in the house.  ;)

 
 
I decided to paint them with the same blue that I used in the the painting I repainted a few weeks ago.  I didn't prime them or seal them because they will just be up on the wall.  Just 2 coats of paint and they were done! 
 
 
 
I like them!  Not to bad for less than $5!  Do you have any decorations that you have picked up at Goodwill and painted to update?  


No comments:

Post a Comment